We've got some mouth pain happening at our house these days. Owen has a tooth that had a root canal performed on it three years ago. It is now giving him quite a bit of grief. It kept him up most of last night and has been getting progressively worse throughout the day. At the moment, he is unable to talk because the pain is so intense. He's even on hydrocodine and can't take more for another two hours; its effect wore off an hour and a half ago...poor Owen :( We're currently trying to get him in to see Bishop Dr. Hoover tomorrow. Cross you fingers!
Also, Miriam is teething. I know, I know...supposedly she's too young. At least that's what people keep telling me. But everyone also said her hair would fall out. Doesn't look like that happened! Anyway, she's been super-drooly for almost two months now and for the past two days has been like a faucet. Plus, she's been very clingy and cranky (Miriam cranky, not normal baby cranky -- she's never normal baby cranky). Add to this a 102 degree fever and we've got us a teething baby. She didn't sleep very well last night either, which really means that I didn't sleep very well last night.
It's been a little chaotic around here and it seriously looks like a tornado whipped through the house (the whole thing, not just the kitchen like usual). There are Grand Teton sized clean laundry piles in the sewing room, the dishes look like they never get done (even though 90% of them got cleaned this morning) and the two upstairs bedrooms, well, they've seen better days. Miriam's room is usually very neat and tidy (How much of a mess can a non-crawling baby actually create?) but I slept in there for part of last night messing up the bed and leaving extra pillows from the bed on the floor. I just haven't had much of a chance to fix any of it since I try to stay out of her room while she is trying to nap (this has been pretty much all day since she isn't feeling well). Anyway, I am tired and stressed and I've got dishes to do, which is just adding to the household misery. But hey, on the bright side, I did clean two bathrooms, washed diapers and managed to get the grocery shopping done today!! So at least some things are getting accomplished. We'll see how tomorrow goes :)
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Tooth Troubles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Our cousin Justin was BORN cutting teeth, so you could tell all the naysayers that it is in her genetics to cut teeth early. :)
Post a Comment