And we have another case of mommy brain. Tonight as I was making one of my favorite meatless recipes I had quite the kitchen blunder. The recipe is quinoa and black beans and I have made this before. So I can't even blame my mistake on not knowing what I was doing. Anyway, the recipe calls for one teaspoon of cumin. So, as I'm cooking away, thinking I'm doing great and excited for yummy food, I go to get the cumin. Instead though, I grabbed the curry powder and dumped a teaspoon of that in. Okay, okay! I know I'm usually a pretty decent cook. Give me a break! In my defense at least both spices are yellowish! And they both start with C-U! So at least I'm not a complete idiot. But next time, I will definitely be more careful with what I'm pouring in to the pot.
Oh, and it actually didn't turn out too awful. I'll admit that it's even kinda good. But, I'm mad about the whole situation, so Owen can eat it. I can't bear the shame. In the meantime, I made Owen go get us his free pizza from Domino's so I can sit and sulk at home.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Always Check Your Spices First!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment