Friday, May 09, 2008

Dream Big

Okay, confession time again. I am a compulsive dreamer. I always have been. I have kept a dream list since I was a teenager. Every once in a while I pull it out, read through it, cross off things I have accomplished (i.e. get married in the temple) or no longer desire to do (i.e. run a marathon -- not too sure what I was thinking with this dream) and then add to it. Lately I've been thinking of lots of things I want to do someday and now I'm adding to my list (this is not the entire list).

  1. Someday I will take a photography course
  2. Someday I will take a Microsoft Excel course
  3. Someday I will go back to school to get a bachelor's degree in graphic design
  4. Someday I will have at least ten children (even if I have to count in-laws and grandchildren)
  5. Someday I will write a children's book
  6. Someday I will have my own house and yard to make as colorful as I want
  7. Someday I will swim in the Atlantic Ocean
  8. Someday I will visit Jerusalem
  9. Someday I will cross the Equator
  10. Someday I will tour Europe (at least some of it)
  11. Someday I will perform on stage again
  12. Someday I will have a fabric collection that is as extensive as my mom's
  13. Someday I will create all the craft ideas I have floating around in my head
  14. Someday I will read all about American history and then tour all the sites I've learned about
  15. Someday I will read Isaiah and understand it
Some people say someday never comes. But I believe we must dream of someday and prepare for someday if it is to ever happen at all. Here's a little poem to remind us that all our dreams can come true.

Listen to the Mustn'ts

Listen to Mustn'ts, child, listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.
Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

And when you dream, dream big...


1 comments:

Gina said...

Haylee, that's a great idea...and a great list! You and I have a lot of similar goals...