Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stand Out

I like to be unique and dance to my own rhythm. Just about anybody who knows me knows this. Plain Jane is not my personality (unless we're talking jewelry -- in which case, less is more) and I don't quickly jump to join current trends. And most of the time I am over-the-top and not about to seek other people's approval (unless it's somebody important -- like my husband). So, when I saw these tulips on campus yesterday, it reminded me of myself.

















Ha! Who planted one white tulip among a bunch of red ones? Must've been trying to make a statement. At least that's what I think it means. So, go ahead. Do something crazy and out of the ordinary today. Walk down the left side of the hall (this drives Owen nuts -- according to him "people should walk on the same side they drive on...the right!"), skip through the grocery store or go singin' in the rain. Come on! It could be fun! You'll never know unless you try it!

1 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

That is too funny. I love it.