Sunday, May 11, 2008

To the Mothers in My Life

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope you enjoy this wonderful day designed to reminisce about the joy of motherhood and to celebrate the mothers in your life. Here's a small tribute for the mothers in my life.

My Mother

I have the best mom ever! She is truly what I envision SuperMom to be like. She cooks amazingly good food (this is why the only skinny person in my family is Adam -- and he just doesn't eat a lot and exercises and plays tennis like crazy) always has a perfectly spotless house, can sew just about anything (quilts, prom dresses, stuffed animals, barbie and doll clothes -- if she's got a pattern for it, she can do it) has great taste in clothes and home decor and she is a great friend (she's a good listener, very compassionate and selfless -- I can't even count how many times she has dropped everything just to help me with something). She's amazing!

I managed to scrape up a few pictures of my mom with me throughout the years.

This is on top of Table Rock Mountain (it looks like a table from below...thus, Table Rock) -- quite the hike for those who have managed to managed to make it all the way up. My mom has done it a number of times, but this was the last...for my dad also. My mom almost didn't make it. The last leg of this hike is an open sharp rock meadow. The rocks are unstable and it is very difficult and tiring to traverse over. Following this, there is a 20-30 foot (maybe more) ascent up an extremely steep face. After the rocks, my mom was exhausted. She did not want to go any more. So, she sent me and my dad up the steep part to the top of table rock so we could eat lunch (this is where everyone eats) and enjoy the view. We did, and we ate lunch. Then, just as we were getting ready to go over the side to head down off the table, we heard a tired voice say "Get back up there; I'm coming up. We need pictures!" And so, my mom made it to the top, and we have a picture to prove it!! What a view! By the picture it looks like the Tetons are right there like we could reach out and touch them, but they are still quite a ways off. I'm pretty sure my arms are much to short to reach.














My mom, by my side, on the most important day of my life! I'm so glad she was there.


















My mom and I on Miriam's blessing day. I am so glad my mom was around to help me figure out how to be a mom myself! She was so caring and selfless during this time and I appreciate it so much.














Dear Mom,
I am so grateful to have such a great and righteous mom. You are a wonderful example to me and I hope someday I can be as exceptional as you are. I wish I could be with you to celebrate this Mother's Day, but I am happy you are serving the Lord and the people in Nigeria. Now that I am a mother, I am beginning to realize all you have done and continue to do for me. There is no way to repay you (there's not enough money in the world) and words can only begin to say how blessed I am to have you as
my mom. Thank you for everything! I love you so much!!
Love, Haylee





My Mother-in-Law -- Linda

Owen's mom is also a great mother and I am so grateful to have her as my second mom. She raised a wonderful man and is the best Grammy I know. I don't have many pictures of her but I do have a couple.














With us on our wedding day.















She loves her grandbabies so much. I was happy she could come for Miriam's blessing (when the picture was taken) and baby shower. I hope she can come again soon!

Thank you so much for being the best mother-in-law a girl could hope for. And thank you for raising such a wonderful man for me to marry. I love you.

Dear Mom,
Thank you so much for being my wonderful mother who has cared for me and loved me throughout my life. You have been a wonderful example to me and I only hope I can be half the parent you were to me!!!
Love, Owen


0 comments: