The good news is...Owen got a root canal. Wait a minute?! Root canal=good news? Since when? Since now! Well, at least I consider it a good thing, although some Owen might disagree. Here's the reasons to my madness:
- Now Owen's tooth is fixed and he should be pain-free shortly!
- It was the tooth that already had a root canal performed on it (not necessarily a good thing) which means it already had a gold crown in place...so we hopefully won't have to pay for a new one.
- Owen gets to keep the tooth (sort of) rather than having it pulled and having an empty space where a tooth once was.
- We were able to pay for it in full, up front, and by ourselves. It took quite the chunk out of our savings to do it, but there's just nothing that feels as good as being self-reliant. I don't care what the democrats say!
The bad news is...Owen got a root canal. This is a bummer in itself. I've never had one (and hopefully never will), but I hear they are no fun. But hopefully Owen will heal quickly and this will all be behind us.
As for Miriam, she's still not feeling well. Poor baby. We have an appointment with her doctor for later today, so hopefully he can provide her with some relief. Part of me kind of hopes that she's got an ear infection or some sort of illness that can be fixed because if it is just teething then there's a good chance I'll just have to bear having my little girl in pain. Twisted thinking, I'm sure, but that's the truth. She has her four-month check-up/shots scheduled for Tuesday. If she is just teething and there is nothing I can do for her, I may just get the shots done today. Since she already feels lousy we may as well get it all over at once!

1 comments:
yuck no fun. I was scared that I was gonna have to get a root canal but I'm delaying it as much as possible.
Post a Comment