I just received a call...from my bank. Here's the conversation that ensued:
Bank man: Are you Ms. Marshall?
Me: Yes.
Bank man: Well, I've got the police on the line with me. (Meanwhile I'm thinking Oh no, I should have canceled Owen's checks. I guess somebody stole them out of my missing planner and they have spent all our money, plus more, and we are going to have to file bankruptcy. Here comes the bad news.) The officer is at the mall and he has your driver's license and some checks in Mr. Marshall's name. If you'll hold for a second I will put him on to talk to you. (Ooh, never mind the bad news. Maybe he's got my planner along with my driver's license and the checks!)
Me: Thank you!
Police man: I have your black day planner here. I believe you called about it a couple weeks ago.
Me: I did. I figured it was lost and gone forever (dreadful sorry, Clementine).
Police man: Someone just turned it in yesterday and the phone number we had for this driver's license was wrong (I've moved since a time or two since getting it) so we had to go through your bank to find you. You can come pick it up anytime.
Me: Thank you sooo much!
So, today I will be picking up my long, lost planner and will never be letting it out of my sight again!
As a little side note: Even though I was so worried and distressed about the loss of my planner, I always felt peace about it. Everybody told me to cancel my cards and such that were in it, but I never did. For some reason, even when I had completely lost hope that I would ever see it again, I felt I should wait and watch my accounts first. So, I did. And I'm glad I did. Now I don't have to wait for new cards, checks and pin numbers. Nor do I have to get a new license or student ID, which I had also been putting off for some reason...a reason which is now known to me. Boy, am I grateful for these little promptings from the Spirit.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
The Case of the Missing Brain Planner: Solved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment