I probably should have posted this a month or two ago, but I forgot. Then, I was talking to my sister, Alicia, a couple weeks ago and realized that even she didn't know our plans yet although we'd made them months ago (and I talk to her a couple times a week). So, she sparked the thought that I still hadn't posted anything yet. Well, here it is...better late than never, right?
We're going to North Carolina for Christmas! I'm so excited about it. Can you tell?! When we got our tax return we set out to find a good deal on tickets, which is exactly what we found. The tickets were under $207 each, round trip. It came out to be under $500 for both of us (we're taking Miriam too, don't worry) with tax and all those other random fees. I thought it was pretty decent considering it is usually $250+ for tickets from SLC to Raleigh. I was pleased to find such a great deal.
This will be a first for us as a married couple. The past two Christmas's have been spent in Idaho with my family because first it was my family's turn to have everyone over (we switch off years with in-laws) and the following year I was pregnant and supposedly due any day (but we all know how that story went!). This year is my parent's turn to have everyone, but they won't be here so there's no sense sticking around!! So, we're gonna get away and have a nice vacation to the land of two-week long winters (oh, I can only imagine) right before my last semester of school...my student teaching. I'm very excited to have my first Christmas in North Carolina with Owen's familiy.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Carolina on My Mind
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a blast! Everyone needs a good vacation once a year! It gives you something to really look forward too!
Hooray! I can't wait! What grade will you student teach? I will send any of my stuff back with you that you find useful.
Post a Comment