One of my favorite things (that I remember, at least) about elementary school was book orders. Remember them? Usually they were given out once a month. I loved those thin, brightly colored advertisements and would beg and whine to my Mom until she let me get at least one thing. Even for kids who wanted nothing to do with books there were fun experiments and expensive junk toys for parents to spend their hard-earned money on. Oh, they were wonderful!
Now, as I work toward earning my elementary education degree I am occasionally offered the book orders again. Being the cheap-o, childrens' book-lover that I am, how could I turn them down?! It's been about a year since I've been in a class that gave them out (usually something to do with language arts) and I didn't realize how badly I missed them, until today. Yippee, I've got book orders again. Oh, and the best part (other than 95 cent book offers, of course)
about getting book orders now is
I get every one for every grade/age level (15 total booklets for this order)!!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Book Orders
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your pictures. Your little girl is so cute. How old is she?
Wait until you are the teacher! You get free books because your kids order to thank you for filling out the order form. I have over 1000 children's books I collected over the years. (It is a bit of an obsession for me)! I can never get enough!
Post a Comment