Sunday, May 04, 2008

The First Mow of the Season

Owen mowed the lawn yesterday!! Why am I so excited about fresh cut grass? Because it means winter just might finally be over, of course! Also, we have my Dad's reputation to uphold. He always has the best looking yard in the neighborhood. He's the first to have nice, plush green grass and the last to keep it that way. See?!















This is an aerial view of my parents' house that some guy in a helicopter took and then sold to them. Pretty cool photo, in my opinion. It hangs in our computer room, just off the front entry. Any time people see it they ask something along the lines of "Is that a golf course?" Why yes! Of course it's a golf course. I, too, often see houses in the middle of golf courses. Those dang traps!! That front porch gets me every time. Okay, okay. So I don't actually golf, but that question has always been a Here's Your Sign question to me. Back to the lawn. Eventually the very bright person who just asked the golf course question will then realize that it is a picture of a house and yard. What do we gather from this? Either (A) There are many people out there who are not very observant and speak without thinking first...or (B) my Dad has a gorgeous yard. I'm gonna go with a combination of (A) and (B). We'll do our best to maintain my Dad's yard as well as he does.

Here's Owen in action













I know it's a little scraggly looking now. Just give us a couple weeks!













Oh, and by the way, my Dad doesn't have a nice yard because he is trying to impress anyone. He just likes it to look nice.

0 comments: