Today finished off the 178th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love General Conference.
*I love the eight hours of spiritual bombardment that leave me feeling encouraged to get off my duff and get to work!
*I love the counsel I receive that feels like the speakers prepared talks just for me and my needs.
*I love that the speakers express themselves so simply, and yet so eloquently all at the same time.
*I love that I always learn something new even though deep down I know I've already been taught those things somewhere before.
*And, call me lazy, but I especially love that I get to watch it in jeans, or pajamas (it depends on how lazy I'm feeling).
This time was especially poignant to me. I always feel as if conference has a theme. Now, whether this is because I'm hearing what I need or the speakers have actually prepared talks about the same topic is debatable. This conference focused on families to me...and a little bit about prayer also. But mostly just family.
I'm struggling to think of specifics right now because I'm a visual learner and I haven't read the talks yet. But I know this conference answered my prayers and comforted the concerns of my heart. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows and loves me. I know He hears and answers me. This weekend's conference was evidence of that to me.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
General Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment