Owen and I started school on Monday. This is my first semester back to school as a mom. And while it hasn't been too bad so far, I had really been dreading it. That's why I hadn't really mentioned it to anybody (unless they asked, of course). I guess I was in a bit of denial and was hoping that if I didn't think about it, it would just go away. A bit childish, I suppose, but hey, I can dream! So, starting school has been the cause of the lack of posts lately. Hopefully, I can get back on track and start journaling regularly again.
As for school, Owen is now studying construction management and has some classes that are way too fun to be called school. Okay, so that's not necessarily true, because I usually have some pretty fun classes too, and as a teacher I think school can, and should, be fun. He does have a technical writing class that he is dreading and an hour and a half long architecture lecture with a teacher whom Owen describes as boring. This may be the case, but he's only had that class twice, so maybe it will get better.
I am taking science methods and social studies methods for a total of four whopping credits. I decided it would be best to take a light load so I could still take care of the little one and keep up the house. My classes are Mondays and Wednesdays only, but as of right now that means I spend all day on campus while Owen is in class. This is where the dreading school part comes in.
On Mondays I wake up at 5:30 a.m. so we can be out the door between 6:50 and 7:00 a.m. for Owen's 7:45 a.m. class (the only time the class is offered). Then we are on campus all day, until Owen's classes end at 4:45 (again, the only time the class was offered). So far, we have managed, but as of next week, we're going to try some different plans. Miriam has a really hard time napping away from her crib and I can't deny her the sleep she needs two days out of the week while we are on campus all day. Hopefully we can get something that will work well around her nap schedule so she can continue to be my happy little girl instead of turning into "Miss Cranky-pants."
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Avoiding the Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment