Deciding on Fuzzi Bunz (FB) was a tough decision. It was quite a big investment initially (and I'm cheap) and I really wanted to make sure it was a product I would love. So, after days and months of researching what seemed like a thousand different diaper choices, I finally chose the FB. They were a bit pricey ($17.95/diaper -- even though we got them for $13.95/diaper because they were all clearanced out so the new FB design could be introduced), but I knew they would be easy to use and wash, would last through many children, and they had really great reviews from other people, so I figured it was worth it.
When we ordered our FB last fall, we knew we would have to buy at least one more set of diapers. FB come in a variety of different sizes depending on the size of your child, and while they are adjustable to a certain extent, they are not a one-size diaper. We planned on buying a set of smalls (7-18 lbs) and mediums (15-30 lbs -- most babies stay in this size until they are potty trained) but before making our cloth diaper investment twice as expensive by buying the two sizes we would need for our childrens' diapering days, we figured we would wait and see if we liked the Fuzzi Bunz brand. We have loved our Fuzzi Bunz and highly recommend them to anybody who is interested in cloth diapering. With that said, we are trying a new diaper.
Owen's sister, Gina, has used cloth diapers since she started having children almost five years ago. She has always used a one-size diaper called Snug-to-Fit. With this new baby though, she wanted to try something new. She also researched and read reviews before diving into a new diaper investment. She chose the bumGenius 3.0 diaper (these were unavailable when I ordered my diapers and the 2.0 style was not rated as high as the FB, so I didn't give them much thought). They are very similar to FB because they are both pocket diapers, but the bumGenius 3.0 is a one-size diaper intended to fit your baby from birth until potty training. We ordered them Wednesday night and we are excited to try them too (Gina already has hers and loves them). Hopefully they will arrive soon.
Wonder why we're switching? Well, the bumGenius 3.0 diapers have some advantages over FB.
Money -- The bumGenius 3.0 diapers are the same price as the FB, but now that I will have a one-size diaper I won't need smalls and mediums, which technically doubled the price of using FB. So, I can sell my FB (hopefully for close to what I paid for them) and cut my cloth diaper bill in half from what I thought I would be spending altogether. My total diaper investment will be about $450 (after selling the FB).
Space -- Having a one-size diaper means I won't have to find room to store one size set while the other is being used, or storing two if neither one is being used. And on outings with multiple children in diapers (which will hopefully never happen) I only have to have one diaper size and adjust it accordingly.
Time/Sanity -- bumGenius 3.0 diapers have a vecro-type tab closure rather than snaps like the FB have. This will make it easier to put the diaper on a wiggly baby/toddler (I realize this also means it will be easier to be removed by a defiant child, but if the child really wants the diaper off, they'd figure out the snaps anyway) which means less headache at diaper changes.
Style -- Plus they are really cute! But then again...so were the FB. Oh, and we ordered white, but they also come in pink, yellow, green and blue.

If you'd like to learn more about bumGenius 3.0 diapers check out their website.
Friday, April 25, 2008
New Dipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment