Thursday, April 24, 2008

I've Lost My Brain!

Okay, it's really my planner, but it may as well be my brain. My Mom and sister, Alicia, can attest to how traumatic losing such an important item can be. They too rely on their planners/purses to keep them organized and functioning well. And for those of you wondering why this planner is so important to me, let me explain. This small container houses not only my schedule and list of things to do, but also my driver's license, my student ID, my insurance card, Miriam's insurance card, my debit card, my credit card and my bank cards...just to name a few. Plus, now I can't get into Sam's Club without Owen's card.

Now, don't get me wrong, this planner has gone missing before. But only for an hour or two, at most. I'm going on 5 days now!! I'm really starting to panic now. I've called every store (all two of them) that I've been to since Friday, scoured the house and the car (multiple times), had Owen check the house and car also (since he is a pro at finding items after he has misplaced them -- this happens quite a bit) and prayed and prayed that I will be able to find it soon. So, now I'm asking for your prayers too. Hopefully it will turn up soon!

In light of the situation, here's a funny poem by Shel Silverstein.

Loser

Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playing with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now its gone.

And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it,
And I can't call to it

'Cause my mouth is on it
(Couldn't hear me anyway
'Cause my ears are on it),
Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute....

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm so sorry you lost your brain and your planner! I should have told you that I gave up using the planner in December. Cost too much for the dumb refill pages and it was too big to carry around. So now I'm using Josh's old palm pilot, which isn't my favorite and I mainly use the calendar on the wall. It works pretty good. Hope you find it sis.