Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Six Months Till Christmas

It may seem odd (or even obnoxious) to some people to count down the months until Christmas, but in my family it is completely normal, and I quite enjoy it. Every time the 25th day of any month rolled around, we were reminded that Christmas was only *blank* months away, usually during family prayer in the morning. This was my dad's doing, even in January when Christmas was still fresh on our minds (I'm sure my mom loved to be reminded that she only had eleven months to scramble everything together to make the perfect Christmas for everyone).

This tradition has since passed on to me and I find myself pondering creative Christmas gift ideas in February and March as the 25th rolls around once more (I've got to have plenty of leeway to get my thoughts completely together and to ensure I have enough time and money to create my crafts). So, as I now have only six months to go, I have many ideas. Now the only problem is I don't know which families I'll be giving presents to this year (we draw names -- each family/person gets another family/person a gift so everybody gets something nice and thoughtful rather than a bunch of junk). Once I know that, I can narrow down my thoughts and get my projects started! I'll keep you posted...unless, of course, I draw Gina or Alicia's families, because they read my blog, and that would definitely ruin their surprises. :)

0 comments: