Now that Miriam is getting a little older, Owen and I have started introducing her to new objects and foods just to see what she'll do with them. When we put new foods to her mouth, she usually gives us a look like, "you people are so weird" or "um, I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be eating this yet" and the foods never move beyond her lips. When we give her a new object, sometimes she'll hold on to it for a second and maybe put it in her mouth to test it out, but usually she just throws it across the room. This is what happened when we tried out the sippy cup too.
So yesterday, when I handed her my camelbak water bottle to see what she'd do with it, I figured it'd get tossed like everything else. Boy, was I wrong! She immediately latched on and started sucking. When water started coming out, she stopped, gave a surprised look for a second, but then kept sucking. I was amazed. I let her continue for a minute or two, then took it away, and she held her little arms out to grab it back and never took her eyes off it. Well, wha'd'ya'know, she just might like a food source other than Mom! I gave it back later and she was so excited. She sucked away on that bottle and drank an ounce or two of water.
Isn't she cute?! I haven't decided yet whether it's the water or the drinking through a straw that she likes. Maybe it's a combination of the two. Either way, she loves it!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
My Thirsty Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
She's so cute!
Post a Comment