Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday is Grocery Day

I know, it's probably the worst day of the week to shop...everyone else is getting groceries too. But I like to take my hubby along with me so that it's not so tiring and stressful to me. Today was quite the trip too.

We always buy fruit, but since my first nutrition goal for our Extreme Weight Loss Challenge is to cut out my sweets by replacing them with fruits today was stock up day.














We got bananas, oranges, peaches, nectarines, mangos and even splurged on a papaya (they were on sale and we're going to use it in fresh squeezed juice -- good thing my parents have a juicer).

We we're not planning on getting artichoke, but when we saw how ginormous they were, and decently priced too, we couldn't resist!














We took the picture next to a gallon of milk for size comparison. Isn't this thing huge?!

And one of my most very favorite things ever (Did I add enough exaggeration words there? No? Here, I'll try again...) One of my most very favorite-ist yummy and so good, delicious things ever is

Yogurt! Tillamook brand, to be exact.













They were 30 cents cheaper than usual so we bought enough to last us till the millenium through any sort of freak June snow storm that results in power loss and mass panic for a couple weeks. (We got 31 containers, in case you were wondering).

Mmm...I love grocery day!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

did you know that Tillamook yogurt has the most sugar in it compared to any other brand? I was hooked on it too until my docs said, "Quit eating unhealthy Tilamook yogurt!" So I stopped. The end.

April said...

Woah nelly. That's all I'm going to say. :)