Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Story -- The Beginning

It all started at family home evening (FHE) on June 29, 2005. Owen had just moved to Rexburg to begin school on the second summer block. Both of us were already in a relationship with other people and were mostly content with that...or so we though. I don't know how it all got started, but we ended up bantering with one another, and if I remember correctly it was about whose significant other was better. FHE ended and we both went our separate ways. Note: I would not admit for at least two months (yes, even while we were dating) that I liked Owen, although looking back I realize that we both kind of had a crush on one another...thus the teasing. I will say though that I've always thought Owen was good looking and his exact words are "I thought you were hot." Well, there ya have it folks...someone thinks I'm hot...or at least 'thought'.

Nothing else happened until a couple weeks later (July 13, 2005) when I was at the library working on a group project. When my group walked past the computer section to our group table, Owen was there and said hello. I was shocked! I thought he hated me due to the teasing and picking on one another that had happened previously. I had to do stuff with my group so I couldn't really talk to him then, but my group was done pretty quickly and Owen was still there. I think he hung around on purpose because he just so happened to be done right when I was...coincidence? I think not. I was getting ready to walk home and he had driven and offered me a ride. Rexburg is usually 100+ degrees outside during July, so I gladly accepted and we got to talking.

When we got back to my apartment, the talking continued.....














and continued.......















and continued......














and continued...for at least three hours.

I had been in the middle of a "break" with the above mentioned boyfriend and was feeling quite frustrated with a number of 'boy' situations. Owen had also recently broken up with the girl he had been dating, but was on to another girl...luckily, just a short fling. Lucky for Owen, he got to be the backboard for my ventilation. The talking probably would have continued, but I had a date with his best friend, Ryan, to the Drum Corps Internation Competition, so we ended the conversation and I went to that.


Don't worry faithful readers of mine! The story will continue soon through multiple posts, until the story is complete...or at least until it gets to a happy ending point! But in the meantime...What's your story?

0 comments: