Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thank Heaven for Little Girls!

When I first found out I was pregnant I hoped for a little boy. I don't know why, I just always thought having a boy for my eldest child would be fun. And if he looked anything like Owen did as a child, irresistible too.

He's on the right - too cute!

















Even as we came home from the doctor the day we found out our baby was to be a girl, I remember my mom asking if I was disappointed. I would have been lying if I had said no. I was a little disappointed. The thought of having a girl worried me. Would she be annoying, or whiny, or a brat...things I despise from my own childhood? The only thing I knew was it was too late to go back. I was having a girl whether I liked it or not, so I'd better adjust to the idea.

As the next months unfolded, I adjusted and became very excited. I was happy to be having a girl and excited to meet her. Looking back now, I'm so grateful the Lord gave me what I needed and not what I thought I wanted. Miriam is the greatest blessing I have ever had in my life. She brings a new dimension to our little family and is such a joy to be around. I love my little girl! And if she does end up an annoying, or whiny, or bratty little girl...at least she's MY annoying, whiny brat and I'll love her anyway. But I think she's pretty much perfect, and she'll always be a sweetie in my eyes. :)

I have crazy hair when I wake up

















And after bath time














Or when mom is just too lazy to fix it

















But I'm still cute even if I'm having a bad hair day

















And especially cute when she does do my hair



















































After having my little angel baby, I'm pretty sure I want my next child to be a girl. Now having said that though I'll probably get a boy. Either way...babies are fun and I'll be happy with a boy or a girl. Oh, and don't worry...it will be a while.

0 comments: