We arrived home safely last night from our very brief trip to Provo. We left Monday morning so we could meet up with Owen's Aunt Rose and cousins, Emily and Rachel. They were visiting the BYU campus so Emily can make her final choice of university to attend starting this fall. We got to Provo around 2:30 then went to the campus where Owen went on a tour with the relatives and I stayed behind with Miriam so she could continue napping.
It's a good thing I stayed behind because once Miriam awoke, she was hungry, and while she was nursing she decided to poop and blow-out on her outfit. This was the first of many to come during the trip. (Have I ever mentioned before that I despise disposable diapers? Well...I do!) Throughout the entire two-day trip, Miriam had as many wardrobe changes as I usually do in an entire week!! I felt like every time I changed her diaper, I also had to change her clothes too. I'm glad I packed so many clothes (only out of disposable diaper paranoia) or we would have had to buy her some new ones. And yes, we made sure the little tabby things were in the right place and that it was high enough up her front and back, and that it covered her leg rolls, and the it was on tight enough...but not too tight, etc. Seriously, should I need a manual to put a diaper on just right?!
Okay, enough venting for now, back to the trip. Aside from the diaper fiascoes, the trip was pretty fun. We ate at The Old Spaghetti Factory Monday evening with Aunt Rose, Emily, Rachel, and Craig and Heidi. Then stayed up late and visited with everyone and Craig and Heidi's apartment.
Tuesday, we lounged around all morning while Miriam took her morning nap. Then after lunch and yummy Cafe Rio, we went to visit with Rachel, my best friend all growing up. She and I met when we were seven and have been friends almost as long...about 14 years!! That's pretty good considering I'm still 21 (by the way, Happy Birthday today, Rach...the big 22!! We hope you have a good one). After visiting for a couple hours, we decided it would be good to head on home.
Miriam was really good for the car ride going to Utah, but only pretty good coming home. I think she had had enough of being in the car seat. After a half hour of crying, she finally fell asleep and stayed that way until we got home. After a diaper change and some food she crashed for the night :) It was a fun trip, but now I've got lots to do...so I'd better get to work!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Short Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment