Sunday, March 02, 2008

...and another reason we use cloth diapers...

Yesterday we were getting ready to run some errands. We decided to put Miriam into a disposable diaper just in case she needed to be changed while we were out so we wouldn't have to carry a dirty diaper around with us. But Miriam decided she needed to go in that diaper and left us with quite a mess. Up until yesterday, we had yet to experience a blowout. It was disgusting. I'm sorry, but dumping dirty cloth diapers into the washer is nothing in comparison to the grossiosity (yes, grossiosity, it's a new word) of having poop up my baby's back and, after pulling off her onesie, in her hair too. Needless to say, she was immediately thrown into the tub for her second bath of the day.

Now you might be wondering what this has to do with us using cloth diapers, so I will tell you. During my many hours of researching cloth diapers I came across some reviews about blowouts not occuring, or occuring less, with cloth diapers. I didn't think much of it then, but I'll definitely think twice before putting my baby in a disposable again!

We do have pictures of the episode, but I'll spare you :) Oh, and you're welcome.

0 comments: