When I was posting my list of projects to do over my summer break I forgot to mention one. Miriam's new hooded towel -- handmade by Mom.
She was given a cute hooded bunny towel at her baby shower, but after a couple months and many trips through the washing machine, its quality and craftsmanship were failing. I knew my sister-in-law made hooded towels to give at baby showers she's invited to (she gave us a much better gift -- the first three episodes of Signing Time) and I thought that a homemade hooded towel would be cute and would likely last longer than anything I could get at the store, not to mention cost factors too. So, I set out to make something special for my little girl and everything went well. It was quick (minor glitches excluded -- like the fact that my mom's machine is way too advanced for my simple mind -- we don't always get along -- but after an hour or so with the manual and me putting my foot down -- hehe, a sewing pun -- I showed it who was boss), easy and turned out so cute. I even added bows to the trim. Because I'm overachieving like that.
I'm pretty sure even the most domestically challenged person could whip up one of these in no time.
Miriam sure stays nice and warm after bath time when she's snuggled up in this big cozy towel.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
An Unmentioned Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment