Miriam is now seven months old. It is crazy how fast they grow up and how much time flies! Some days I wish I could keep her little forever, but I do love watching her grow and learn so many new things. She just takes everything in and is quite content looking around at the many things around her. We really love this little girl.
She has become quite a good eater with the solid foods. She sure can pack it away if I let her. One meal is about a one and a half ounces worth now. She loves, loves, loves bananas and applesauce seems to be a close second. See how excited she gets over the bananas?!
Peas and green beans are the least favorites. (She'll eat them anyway, but gags after every other bite, or so. It's actually pretty funny. I've never seen a baby give that kind of response. Usually it either stays in or comes out; babies are pretty black and white that way. But not our little Miriam, she'll let you know she's not a huge fan and then swallow it anyway. Funny kid. We try not to feed these to her often, but I've got to keep trying to see if her tastes change ever.) All the other fruits and veggies fall somewhere in the middle.
She also loves her water. We got her a couple fancy straw sippy cups that she loves and she just gulps and gulps the water down. Only water though, she wants nothing to do with juice and pumped milk has never interested her. So, water it is. I'm not complaining though; I think it's great that she likes water. She'll fit right in with her parents.
Two teeth is still the current count, although I still have no pictures to show for it (it is surprisingly difficult to take pictures of baby teeth...try it sometime, you'll understand). We may have caught a glimpse or two, but nothing worth posting, so it'll have to wait for another time.
Miriam is just about crawling but can't seem to figure out the forward motion. She's been sliding herself backwards for over a month now when she sees something she wants and always ends up farther away from the desired object than where she started out. It's fairly entertaining. She doesn't seem to mind though because she always finds something anyhow, even if it's only her toes or the leg of the coffee table. She's not picky. Within the past week she's been up on her knees rocking and rocking, but still only moves backwards. Maybe one day she'll put herself in drive and be off to bigger and better things...like the dirt in grandma's plants...I guess she's just giving me time to find new, higher places to put things.
She is now a tummy sleeper and whines, whines, whines if we lay her on her back now. After finding her like this
a time or two and rolled over to her tummy still completely wrapped up, I decided that the partial swaddling was over and that she could sleep however she pleased, which is exactly what she does.
This is how we found her the other night. Not only had she rolled to her tummy, but she had spun herself around so her head was at the opposite end of the crib from where she'd started. Silly, silly...just how we like her.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
A Little Bit About Miriam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment