Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Delicious Surprise

Last night as I was sitting at the computer diligently wasting time, my wonderful husband came in and said, "Open your mouth and close your eyes and I will give you a big surprise." I, of course, having nothing better to do, and trusting my husband completely, complied and was greeted with a juicy and familiar flavor. "Mmm...my favorite," I thought , without even giving a second thought to where he found a fresh one. Then he grabbed my wrist and said, "follow me." I got my lazy little self off the computer chair and followed him to the back door when I started to whine that I didn't have shoes on and that I wanted to stay inside. Silly me, of little faith, had forgotten that I just eaten my most very favorite-est food ever. Then it clicked! He was taking me to the raspberry patch! I started skipping toward the garden and sure enough, there were a whole bunch of these













Most were still green, but some were red and ripe and ready to be picked. So today, that's what I did.

















There's not a lot (come on, it was the first pick of the season...what'd you expect?!), but there's definitely enough for some raspberry pancakes tomorrow morning (What was that you said?! You've never tried raspberry pancakes?! You should...so much better than blueberry, trust me) and possibly even for a few dipped in chocolate (strawberries don't stand a chance!). That is, if they last that long. Mmm, this berry lover has now died and gone to heaven.

0 comments: