Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley
















“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.”

The news of President Hinckley's passing came as quite a shock to me. I guess the older he got the more invincible he became to me. My sister, Alicia, was the one who shared the news with our family. Since the home teachers were over when she called I didn't get much of a chance to actually ponder his passing. Reflecting on it afterwards though, I am so grateful for his life of service to the Church. He was such a great and inspiring leader. I'm happy that he can be with his eternal companion now and can be continuing the great work of the Church beyond the veil. I'll sure miss hearing him guide us with his wit and wisdom though.

0 comments: