Sunday, March 11, 2007

Almost Spring!!

Well, I realize that for most of you that read this blog it is already spring and well into summer even. But here in good ol' Idaho, the weather has been quite indecisive. At the beginning of this week the weather was gorgeous. Sunny blue skies and temperatures in the high fifties. But then by the end of the week the weather was icky again. The skies were grey, clouds were appearing and we even got a slight dusting of snow. I'm sure this is just the weather my mom was hoping to return to after her trip to Hawaii...hehe. Anyway, I updated our main page in hopes that it would entice spring to linger a little longer this coming week, and well...for the rest of spring for that matter.

As for life, things are going quite well. Owen is still working hard and loving it of course. But he's a pretty happy guy, so he usually loves whatever he is doing. Owen is becoming quite the pro in the kitchen and really the entire house. He calls himself "Cinderella" because with all my schoolwork loading me down, he's been given the job of "house husband". He does such a good job of keeping things nice around the apartment so I don't go insane. His latest endeavor is making bread, and tonight he even produced a delicious loaf of wheat bread for us! Isn't he great?!

Me, well...school has taken quite a toll on me and I seem to have NO LIFE! This is not because I don't want a life, I just don't have time to. With 17 credits and 4 weeks exactly until the semester officially ends I seem to be drowning in projects and way too much reading. Yet, even as I scramble to get it all done, I still love it. I know this is what I am meant to do. I love my content area (with Elementary Education, this means pretty much everything) and I love teaching! I've also noticed that some part of me seems to thrive on high stress moments sometimes. I don't want life like this all the time, but it sure does give me a rush of unknown energy every now and then!

We are becoming very excited about moving to North Carolina for the summer, and can't wait to see everyone that we haven't seen in almost a year. We might even be bringing our buddy Ryan Allen out with us. He is looking for a summer internship so he can graduate, but hasn't found one yet. So, hopefully he will get one in NC and come with us! Since his family lives there also, it will be pretty fun. I'm sure his parents would love to have him around.

Anyway, let us know what is going on in your lives. We'd love to hear from everybody!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love the inviting Spring front page! I love reading your updates...hang in there...the end is SO in sight and then you guys can have a wonderful summer with US in NC!

Gina said...

Come on...where's the latest update?