Friday, September 08, 2006

Back to School

So . . . Owen and I are back to school as of Tuesday, and back to major stress. I've already had my annual emotional where I decide I'm dropping out, that I can't handle the "no sleep, too much homework, stressful life" for one more second. Luckily, I'm a little more rational than that, and have a great husband to convince me to stay and finish my studies. Now, don't get me wrong, I love learning, especially at this university, I love my field of study (elementary education), and generally I love my classes. But, there's just those moments when i feel like I have 20 hours of homework to do in 3 hours, and I'm running out of energy, and frankly, I just get sick of writing papers!

Anyway, in better news, we are back in school, and we are both doing pretty well. Owen and I still have all A's! ;) Owen is getting down to some of his major requirment classes, which should be fun for him. He has chemistry, botany, statistics, bio orientation, and Book of Mormon. His bio orientation is a class that helps students see what fields are available within the biology route (medical, teaching, lab studies, etc.) Othen than that class he seems to be enjoying his chemistry and botany classes and is always coming home to tell me interesting facts he learned during class. Did you know that 89 chemicals are present when you smell a cranberry?! Pretty cool, eh? As for my classes I'm finally getting into some of my really fun education classes. I'm in my early field experience class, foundations of education (a history/philosophy class about education), educational psychology, Doctrine and Covenants, and advanced writing for eled majors. My early field experience class is really fun. All the students are assigned to a school (Lincoln Elementary) and a cooperative teacher and grade. I'm with Mrs. Hawkins in the 2nd grade. I have assignments to teach and to make bulletin boards, I even get to go on a field trip with them to Harriman State Park in a couple of weeks.

1 comments:

Gina said...

Glad you guys got a break from school and got to go to Seattle. Sounds like fun!