Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Our Visit to Omaha

On our way home to Rexburg from Evansville, Indiana we stopped for a couple days in Omaha, to visit Alicia, Josh and Emmett. We got there Sunday night and left Tuesday morning.

We had dinner with the missionaries Sunday night and then Alicia and I had fun talking about her new Mary Kay business, after which she even gave Owen and me facials (Owen skipped out on the make-up part though). Like usual when Alicia and I get together, we stayed up waaaay too late. I'm sure we ruined Josh's med-school studies for that week by keeping him up so late too, especially at the start of the week.

Monday morning, Alicia took us to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and we had a blast. My favorite part was definitely the "Owen Gorilla House". Seriously, that's its name! Some rich person named Owen must have donated quite a bit to have an entire Gorilla House named after them. Anyway, the gorillas were really fun to watch. One of the male gorillas likes to intimidate the zoo guests, so he runs at the glass wall and pummels into it, then he beats on the glass with his ginormous arms to make sure you get the point. It was pretty funny! The rest of the zoo was awesome too. We went through the Lied Jungle, the Desert Dome, and the Scott Aquarium. Then we visited the Cat Complex and saw the Orangutans too. It was a very eventful day at the zoo and we didn't even go through a quarter of everything there!


The rest of Monday was nice and relaxed until I got sick with the stomach flu that night, yuck!! It was not fun at all, but I was very glad to be at my sisters rather than on the road or in a hotel. I survived though, and we left Tuesday morning to continue our westward trek.

0 comments: